We are no longer accepting proposals for the APLA 2023 Virtual Annual Conference. Thank you for your interest, and please be in touch next year!
The theme of this year’s conference is: Community, Connecting, Caring/Communauté, Connectivité, Compassion.
Social Connection has been limited for the past three years, but now we are able to connect, share, and create a community in many spaces. The 2023 Virtual APLA conference is seeking proposals that showcase initiatives in regard to programming, staffing, collections, spaces, policy and/or services that support any of the three themes of Community, Connecting, and Caring.
We are seeking presentations in the following categories:
- Oral presentations, (45 mins with additional 10 mins for questions);
- Mini Oral Presentation (18 mins with additional 10 mins for questions);
- Interactive panel discussions (60 minutes);
- Lightning talks (5-10 minutes);
Proposals that do not fit the above time and structure will be considered by the committee but are dependent on schedule, logistics and other proposals. We also encourage students to join lightning talks or oral presentations to discuss previous or on-going research.
Please submit your proposals via email to email@example.com by February 24th, 2023 at midnight and include the following information:
- Type: Oral Presentation, mini oral presentation; panel, lightning presentation
- Name, title, institution of presenter(s);
- Two-sentence bio of the presenter(s);
- Abstract (250 words or less);
- Language of presentation;
- Contact information including email, address, and phone number.
Presenters will be notified by March 14, 2023. Presenters are responsible for their own registration.
We request that presenters make their presentations available on the conference website.
We would love to hear perspectives from students, public libraries, academic libraries, health libraries, special libraries, archives, non-profit organizations, student support departments/organizations, community groups and more!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.