Deadline: March 4th, 2022
The APLA 2022 Committee invites proposals to be considered for presentation at the 2022 virtual annual conference from Tuesday, June 7th – Friday June 10th.
The theme of this year’s conference is: Bridging the Gap: Inclusion and Diversity in Libraries/Réduire les barrières : l’inclusion et la diversité dans les bibliothèques
Libraries are for everyone. We are seeking proposals that showcase initiatives in regards to programming, staffing, collections, spaces, policy and/or services that address diversity and inclusion in libraries.
We are seeking the following:
- APLA Talks (18 mins with additional 10 mins for questions);
- Oral presentations (45 mins with additional 10 mins for questions);
- Interactive panel discussions (60 minutes);
- Lightning talks (5-10 minutes);
- Proposals that do not fit the above time and structure will be considered by the committee but are dependent on schedule, logistics and other proposals.
Please submit your proposals via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 4th, 2022 at midnight and include the following information:
- Type: Presentation, panel, lightning presentation, etc.;
- Name, title, institution of presenter(s);
- Two-sentence bio of the presenter(s);
- Abstract (250 words or less);
- Language of presentation;
- Contact information including email, address, phone number.
Presenters will be notified by March 18th, 2022. Presenters are responsible for their own registration.
We request that presenters make their presentation available on the conference website.
We would love to hear perspectives from public libraries, health libraries, special libraries, archives, academic libraries, non-profit organizations, community groups and more!
Questions? Email: email@example.com